- Exciting News - The Saint Patrick Centre's Christmas Exhibition has been confirmed as "The Frozen Winter Wonderland". Walk through our enchanted Frozen Wonderland and meet a few familiar Frozen characters along the way and finish off with a visit to Santa in his Magic...READ MORE
- His Royal Highess Prince Edward, the Earl of Wessex visited the Saint Patrick Centre in October, toured the exhibition and had lunch with local business and towns people before going to see Saint Patrick's Grave, Down Cathedral and Downpatrick & County Down County Railway Museum.
- The Saint Patrick Centre and the Northern Ireland Environmental Service are offering free guided tours of some of our most important local sites associated with Ireland’s Patron Saint ...READ MORE
- The Saint Patrick Centre has been shortlisted as one of the best National Lottery funded projects of the past 20 years and now we need your help to win the title of National Treasure. Vote for us HERE and win an iPad Air!
- An exact replica of the iconic Downpatrick High Cross, weighing about one tonne, is being installed in front of Down Cathedral in time for Easter.
The original cross, which is 1,100 years old, was removed in December to be preserved as the c...READ MORE
- Lots of Free events at the Saint Patrick Centre as Easter weekend begins:
*Walk of Witness carrying the Cross from English Street to the Saint Patrick Centre. Good Friday 1.30pm
*Circuit of Ireland Rally in Saint Patrick's Square on Friday Af...READ MORE
- Watch the Magnus Vikings re-enactment of Saint Patrick's Landing at Saul in March.
- An exhibition of paintings and fine art prints by mother an daughter artists Alice Wyatt and Amy Louise Wyatt with original poetry and photography by Paul Alice Daniel Rafferty. Ends March 31st.
- Don't forget to come to Downpatrick on 17th March - Pilgrimage from Saul 10.30, Saint Patrick Lands at the Slaney at 11, Down Cathedral Service at 11.45, and Parade 2 - 4.30 plus lots more - check out www.downdc.gov.uk for more and listen to our Good Morning Ulster Interview at Saul for an update.
- Dr Stan Papenfus is hosting daily two hour Wellness Sessions for those who wish to rediscover a life of confidence and fulfilment in 2014. Grove Gallery from 10.30am -12.30pm and 1pm - 2pm. 17th - 27th January. Everyone welcome.
- For Day Tours to Saint Patrick's Country use our Travel Partners -
From Dublin - Daytours Ireland
- This Saturday the Magnus Vikings will be holding a Medieval Craft Fair at the Centre from 10am until 4pm with many unusual gifts and living history characters. Join Santa in his snowy Grotto from 11am until 4pm, learn about our local Saint Patrick heritage with our Archaeologist in his Pop Up Museum and join us for free childrens crafts from 12 noon until 3pm.
- The Voices of Lecale are holding an afternoon of gorgeous carols and popular Christmas songs in Daisies Cafe at the Saint Patrick Centre on Saturday 30th November. Come along and share the fun!
SANTA will be at the Saint Patrick Centre on the following dates - No booking necessary:
Sat 29th 6pm- 9pm, Sat 30th 1- 4pm, Sat 7th 11am- 4pm, Sat 14th 11am-4pm, Sat 21st 11am-4pm, Tues 24th 11am- 2pm.
Visit, gift and Photograph £6.50. Visit and Gift £5. Infants under 1 year - Visit and photograph £4.50.
- Inch Art Society are holding their Annual Exhibition at the Saint Patrick Centre's Grove Gallery until 29th November. Drop in and buy a unique Christmas present at a great price!
- For Day Tours to Saint Patrick's Country use our Travel Partners -
From Dublin - Daytours Ireland
- Milwaukee Irish Fest has over the years become an important place for the Saint Patrick Centre and the Milwaukee Friends of Saint Patrick Chapter to promote themselves. This year Jim Shannon, Member of Parliament for Strangford, came to the Festival to help promote our part of County Down and the Ulster Scots Tradition. Pictured are Billy...READ MORE
- Come for free on Friday 23rd - starts 7PM.Renowned American ecumenical choir The Glory Singers from Portland Oregon will perform at the Saint Patrick Centre on Friday 23rd August. The Glory Singers have performed all over the world, i...READ MORE
- STARTS SUNDAY! JOIN OUR MEDIEVAL MYSTERY TOUR each Sunday afternoon in July-August between 2pm and 5pm.The Tour has been designed to take explorers of all ages on an exciting trip that begins at Down County Museum, continues at the St Patrick Centre, and includes a steam train ride, from the Downpatrick and Co Down Railway station, back i...READ MORE
- The Minnesota Friends of Saint Patrick packed over 25,700 food parcels for Feed My Staving Children last month. This was enough food to feed 70 children for 1 full year! The food is going to Haiti.
- Aughnacloy / Truagh Historical Society visited the centre last Saturday on our new archaeological tour of Saint Patrick's Country. The gentleman on the right is Douglas Condy - 87 years young and the first to the top of Dundrum Castle!
- Bishop Ian Palmer, Anglican Archbishop of Bathurst Australia visited the Centre in June with his wife Barbara and Canon Barbara Fallow of All Saints' Cathedral. Ian's Archdiocese, just outside Sydney, is larger than England and Wales put together! We hope to be able to work with Ian and the other churches in Bathurst to encourage food colle...READ MORE
- The Saint Patrick Centre continues to build Downpatrick's reputation as a venue for visiting choirs as it prepares to host two famous American ensembles this summer. Wednesday 17th at 7pm the acclaimed St. Mark’s Festival Choir from Illinois lead by Choir Director Kirstin will perform classical works at the Centre ranging from Mozart and Stanton to spiritual numbers from Patti...READ MORE
- Friends of Saint Patrick Minnesota Chapter are packing meals at Feed My Starving Children from 11:30 to 1:30 on Saturday 1st June. Then they head to Cooper Irish Pub for light appetizers and to send off our 2013 Young Ambassador, Ryanna Haglund. Come meet Rayanna and wish her well on her trip. Please join us for one or both events.
- The 2013 Young Ambassador search is on and thanks to the support of our Arizona, Milwaukee, Minnesota, Albany and Toronto Chapters we will be selecting young people from these cities to come to Northern Ireland from 7th - 21st June this year. We will announce the finalist candidates soon. Thanks to our selection committees, the generous support of Sceptre Tours for helping sponsor the ev...READ MORE
- Politicians from all traditions came together with our local clergy to celebrate the 15th Anniversary of the Good Friday Agreement on the 29th March. A special thanks to Canon Sean Rogan and Dean Henry Hull.
- The Saint Patrick Centre will hold a cross community service of thanksgiving to celebrate the 15th Anniversary of the signing of the Good Friday Agreement on Friday 29th March at 11am. Canon Sean Rogan and Dean Henry Hull will lead the service with local politicians and they will be joined by the New York branch of the Ancient Order of Hi...READ MORE
- The Saint Patrick Centre had its second Saint Patrick's Cross Community Dinner at Monalto House on Tuesday. Guests included politicians, business people and community leaders from all traditions as well as the Secretary of State and Irish Minister Alan Kelly.
- Thanks to all of our Friends of Saint Patrick who have spread our message - to Tim in Tampa working today with the Salvation Army, the Milwaukee Team at the Bluemound and Milwaukee Parades collecting for Hunger Task Force, to the Minnesota Friends in the Landmark Building, the Arizona Friends in the parade yesterday (90 degrees sounds like the way to celebrate) and to Eithne and the Toro...READ MORE
- RTE Documentary 'There's Something about Patrick' with comedian Neill Delamare which showed on RTE 1 on the 14th March featured Downpatrick and the Centre. Tune in to hear it again at this LINK.
- Come celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at Trinity Church on Saturday, March 16th with a traditional Irish meal hosted by Trinity’s Men’s Spirituality Group.
The evening’s festivities will begin at 6:00 pm.
Dinner wi...READ MORE
- The Spirit of the Wildflowers will be appearing in the Centre on Friday 15th March at 8pm. All proceeds to the Down Residential Partnership Charity.
- Song of a Wandering Man art exhibition will be in the Centre this month - artwork by Ann Mills, illustrations by Dominic Burns
- The Saint Patrick Centre is offering an exciting free programme to accompany our new Archaeology Road Show. Book our team of archaeologists to come out to your school with an array of original and replica archaeological artefacts and give you a taster of our new workshops. Our Road Shows last between 15 and 20 minutes and are designed to address a large group of pupils and teachers. So w...READ MORE
- This Christmas The Saint Patrick Centre will be transformed into a breathtaking spectacle of lights with plenty of festive cheer and fun for all the family. Enjoy a festive brunch or lunch in Daisies Café and shop for those special gifts such as jewellery, linen, handmade candles and Christmas decorations in our Craft Shop.The Centre will have a Christmas post box on hand so child...READ MORE
- Young Ambassadors Reception at the Centre Garden with Dean Hull, Canon Rogan, Margaret Ritchie MP, Chairman John Carson and Vice Chair Cuan King. Our 2012 Young Ambassadors have come from Arizona, New York, Minnesota and Wisconsin to learn about the Centre and promote our work.
- Young Ambassadors meet First and Deputy First Ministers at Stormont - June 2012.
- Terry George and Oorlagh George dropped in to the Centre in March with their Oscars for best Short Motion Picture which was based locally in Saint Patrick's Country. Terry was making a promotional video for the Centre with Tourism Ireland.
- The Friends of Saint Patrick launched the first cross community Saint Patrick's Dinner in Northern Ireland on the run up to Saint Patrick's Day in March 2012. Guests included the First Minister of the Northern Ireland Assembly, the President of Ireland and the Deputy First Minister.
- Dean Henry Hull, Canon Sean Rogan and Margaret Ritchie MP bless Saint Brigid's Day Crosses in Down Cathedral. Happy Saint Brigid's Day!
- The Magnus Vikings held an information night at the Saint Patrick
- Celebrity Chefs Paul Rankin and Nick Nairn are taking time out from their famous Michelin star restaurants to cook dinner for me and seven friends tonight at the Centre. Just finished our interview for the TV program they are doing about it. Its such lovely weather we might well eat out in the Cathedral Garden this evening.
- Young Ambassadors visit Irish Parliament and have lunch in the Members Dining Room with Eamon O'Cuiv TD.
- Friends of Saint Patrick Milwaukee collected for Hunger task Force in two parades this year and doubled the amounts raised. They collected 1000 lbs downtown, 400 lbs on Bluemound and over 650 lbs at the stores, where collection barrels were placed. Well Done!
- The Friends of St Patrick in Milwaukee collected at the Bluemound Parade.
- First Minister Peter Robinson visited the Centre in April and explored the new exhibition spaces.
- Watch this Tourism Ireland Video narrated by the Centre Director by scrolling along the bottom of the following Page.
- This Christmas the Saint Patrick Centre in Downpatrick is once again paying tribute to the wonderful legacy of C. S. Lewis by transforming it's entire exhibition space into scenes from his beloved series of children's books, 'The Chronicles of Narnia' - Children will be taken on an exciting journey through this mythical land and on the way they will visit the lamp post in the snowy wood, hea...READ MORE
- The Young Ambassador Program for 2014 was a great success and Saint Patrick's Country welcomed Young Ambassadors from Phoenix, Albany, Milwaukee, Toronto and Minnesota
Congratulations to our Arizona Chapter who held an event at the Irish Cultral Center in Phoenix in early October reflecting on the Famine with music and food. They raised over $1,000 - well done!